Updated: Jul 18
It may still be hot outside, but summer is slowly receding to give way to Fall. I know I can feel the essence of Fall arriving as I take my daily power walk through the park.
For many, Fall is like a fresh start. It's time to make some simple changes to set you up for a new season and new routine.
Here are several ways to start anew for your mind, body, spirit, and home.
1. Forgive. The Bible clearly states we must forgive one another. One of the most important things we can do going into any new season is to forgive. Albeit can be difficult to forgive those who have wronged us, it is best to release that persons negative behavior and energy from your life rather than holding on to it.
2. Organize. When our homes are in order, we feel more peaceful and settled. Simply put; we thrive in our homes with a clean environment. Start simple by putting away your summer clothes. Clean your frige and oven because you'll be using them more in the following months. Move your furniture around so you'll have something fresh and new when the weather becomes grim.
3. Adjust Your Diet. Make sure the summer diet of raw foods and smoothies doesn't follow you into the colder months. Try starting your day with warm lemon water to get your energy moving. Think cooked veggies, warm soups, and plenty of fruits rich in vitamins A and C.
4. Spend Time Outdoors. Fall can be a beautiful time of the year. Go for a walk in the park while the weather is still nice, and enjoy the sight of yellowing leaves. While the summer changes into the fall, the weather and landscape are as beautiful as they can be.
5. Me Time. Do something for your soul. Take a retreat or read a book you never had a chance to look at. Take 10 minutes in the morning and evening to meditate, or simply relax with a cup of tea. Take a yoga class or a creative writing workshop. Whatever the activity, make sure you thoroughly enjoy it.
6. Listen Well. In an over-stimulating culture, it can be difficult to listen. Even the people we care most about can easily overwhelm us from stories from their day. When we put aside our need to talk incessantly and listen, we are showing respect and love to the person speaking to us.
7. Join a Small Group. Community is essential. Small groups allow accountability, friendship, and support. What are you waiting for?
8. Make Small Design Changes. Here are a few ideas that will have a huge impact on the look and feel of your home. Add some bling to your bathroom. Whether you change your bathroom fixtures, faucets or soap dispensers, you'll elevate the look and feel of your space. Don't forget about your laundry room. The room that goes unnoticed shouldn't be left behind. Spruce it up with a fresh coat of paint, wicker baskets to hold supplies or artsy wall hooks. Keep a 'natural' look throughout your home. Pair minimal designs with an elegant vase, seasonal blooms and one or two petite candles. Add gold accents whether in bowls, frames or fall wreath ideas. Gold is associated with the element of metal and perfect for this fall season. Finally, add a few crystals around your home. They look beautiful and increase the vibration of your space providing clarity, harmony, abundance, spiritual growth, and overall well-being.
September is the beginning of Autumn. Watching the leaves change on the trees, going apple picking, and unpredictable temperatures all begin the month of September. It's a time where everyone can shed their summer skin and begin setting new goals for the last few months of the year.
In Chinese Astrology, September is the month of the Rooster. It's a time to celebrate your uniqueness, build inner strength, and how to stand confident when sharing your voice.
The Chinese assign 5 virtues to the Rooster - civil responsibility, marital fidelity, courage, kindness, and confidence. It is said when the rooster crows the mind, body, and spirt are on on their way to great improvement.
The rooster is a sign new things are coming your way. This bird reminds you to break away from the past, leave your regrets behind, and start a new chapter. The rooster also represents a wake-up call. Is there something you are denying? Are you refusing to see things for what they are? Facing reality can be difficult, but when you lift the veil of denial, you can start healing and find solutions to move forward.
The rooster calls us to pay attention to detail and avoid distractions. Stay alert, especially when dealing with people. Be vigilant and learn to trust your intuition. This will build conscious awareness so you can communicate with your soul.
The rooster is a hardworking bird so be prepared to work hard this month. This is a lesson in determination and resilience. The truth is, nothing comes easily - you must put in the work. Eventually you will enjoy the results of your hard work.
This bird is a reminder to use your time efficiently. Time is a limited resource we have. Once it's gone, it's gone forever. If you are wasting time on things and people that do not add true value to your life, then stop and re-evaluate your time use.
The rooster also represents good fortune, prosperity, and leadership skills. This month the trigram (qian) falls within the rooster portent (West). This is a fabulous energy that opens the door to new opportunities, to shift your state of mind, and devlop a path for spiritual spiritual growth by helping others to succeed. The rooster element (metal) naturally assists this trigram (qian). Therefore, you can expect to assist others this month and receive assistance to further your own growth and potential.
The metal energy associated with this bird (Chinese/Feng Shui Astrology) has a tendency to busy the mind. Watch this brief video where I demonstrate three yoga poses to lighten up the mind.
What's your daily routine? Research has shown healthy routines can help improve your overall mental health and physical wellbeing. Healthy routines can look different for everyone. In fact, your own healthy routine may not look the same everyday. Nutrition, exercise, sleep, self-care, time management, and stress management are just a few areas of life where establishing healthy routines can improve your wellbeing.
Establishing a healthy routine doesn't have to be complicated. Start small by replacing unhealthy habits with healthy ones. Once you've determined what your healthy routine looks like, and started making changes, the key is to stick with it!
Establishing or enhancing your fitness routine can be as simple as adding a 10 minute yoga practice a few times each week or taking a daily walk in your neighborhood. Choosing healthy foods at the local market goes a long way when it comes to your health and your wallet.
Incorporating mindfulness as part of your healthy routine can allow you to feel a calm mind, relaxed body, and connected spirit. Using simple meditation practices throughout your day will keep you grounded even under stressful situations.
Here's a video to give you some ideas of my daily routine.
Feng Shui Science
Feng Shui is about helping people and it's evident that today we are all looking for help. The structures we live and work in have a tremendous impact on how we transform as living beings on this earthly plane.
A home is a subtle, implicit laboratory of spirit. It is here where our minds open to discover others and how we come to know oneself.
The effectiveness of Feng Shui is understanding the workings of nature and the sacred geometry found within it, balancing of energy, and to create harmony in every environment you touch. I believe this is how you can help others enjoy a life well lived filled with health, prosperity, gratitude, and conscious awareness.
Watch this short video and what MJ has to say about Feng Shui. To learn more about MJ's Feng Shui home study modules click here.
Attraction in Design
Are you convinced something must change in your life?
Ever thought about owning your dream home, improving your finances, or meeting your soulmate but seem to struggle manifesting these desires into reality?
One of the most overlooked steps to successful manifesting is your environment.
I can can show you how to create an environment that can support every facet of your life with my DIY Feng Shui Guide.
The golden opportunity to change is now! Watch this brief video and visit my Power of Design Page to download your guide now!